CALL FOR WORKS - Power of Print 2018
POWER OF PRINT 2018
Power and Light Press for the Southwest Print Fiesta
A Juried Exhibition of Political Prints and Posters Exhibition on view October 5-31, 2018 This exhibition is a testament to the visual culture of resistance. Power of Print will be a show of posters addressing the wide variety of political and social issues of our current climate and will act as a vision for the possibility of political art predicated upon broad visions of hope, justice, and freedom.
Deadline for Submissions: September 15, 2018
Location: Silver City, NM
All entries must be hand-pulled prints using traditional printmaking processes in any combination of silkscreen, letterpress, collagraphy, etching, woodcut, lithography, linocut, drypoint, mezzotint, monoprint or solar plates. Digital and photographic elements may be used as a supporting element. Artworks that are computer generated or digitally altered photographs or photographic reproductions will not be accepted.
All submissions must be emailed by September 15, 2018
JURYING & AWARDS
Power and Light Press is pleased to present one Juror’s Award of $300 at the opening reception on Friday, October 5th from 5-9 pm.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email jpegs and Entry Form to Natalie Good at email@example.com
- Image size must be no larger than six inches in any direction (or 1800 pixels on the longest side) and saved as jpegs at 300 dpi.
- Save each jpeg filename as the artwork title only. For multiple views, include depiction in title (i.e., Waterfall, detail).ENTRY FEE
Artists may enter up to 3 artworks. Entry is $10 for 1-3 works. Fee can be paid HERE.
Sales are encouraged but artwork need not be for sale. The Southwest Print Fiesta will retain 50% commission on any artwork sold. Sale price on entry form must include commission and cannot be changed after acceptance. All artwork will remain in the exhibition through October 31, 2018.
INSURANCE & LIABILITY
Artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance. Submission to this exhibition constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant to listed conditions and the use of images for publicity purposes. Shipping instructions will be sent to artists whose artwork has been accepted.
TIMELINE FOR EXHIBITION DATES AND DEADLINES
- October 5: Exhibition open to the public, 5 PM
- October 31: Exhibition closes, 5 PM.
- Unsold, shipped artwork will be repackaged and returned to artist after exhibition. Sold artwork will be shipped to buyer at buyer’s expense.